Floodway Print Company is seeking a casual part-time sewing operator for our simple Singer 9960 machine. We need help sewing labels onto t-shirts, toques, and hats. Our shop is located in the Exchange District at 290 McDermot Avenue.
The position is Casual, Part-Time. Having an experienced, reliable operator will help us grow these services. In the meantime, growth opportunities are available by cross-training to other parts of the shop.
Sewing experience is critical, as we will not be able to provide in-depth training. Only the specifications, quality checking, and support.
Floodway is a team environment, communication skills are an asset.
Perks & Benefits at Floodway:
– Annual cost-of-living wage increase.
– Casual dress code.
– Paid birthday off.
– Monthly pizza lunch.
– Snacks & drinks stocked.
– Central location in The Exchange, easy commute.
– Opportunities for Personal & Career Growth
Work independently to sew according to the specifications provided. Set job targets and ensure they are met. Able to train on basic sewing jobs like labels onto t-shirts, toques, and more.
Qualities We’re Lookin’ For:
– 2+ years sewing experience, preferably in the apparel manufacturing industry.
– Must be able to work independently.
– Strong communication and a positive attitude is critical!
– Any screenprinting / printmaking / production experience helps, but isn’t necessary.
– Comfortable with computers, technology, and ‘the cloud’.